Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) for Textiles, Apparel and Garment Industries.
With increasingly demanding consumers and disruptive new business models driving an explosion of complexity, coupled with relentless pressure on margins and demands for increased speed and agility, many businesses are pushed to breaking point. In our highly volatile industry, the manual and disconnected methods still used by many to manage critical processes are unsustainable.
A key catalyst for the transformation of the apparel supply chain lies in the adoption of proven, specialist digital technology.
With unparalleled reach through the apparel supply chain, our specialist software solutions and industry best practice expertise improve and accelerate the entire new product development, sourcing, capacity planning and order execution lifecycle.
Our apparel, footwear and textile industry specific solutions are quick to install, easy to use and deliver significant and measurable benefits, helping you to respond quickly, efficiently and sustainably to unprecedented industry challenges.
Production Planning Software – Materials is a comprehensive and user-friendly system covering all areas related to Materials Management. The system consists of the following modules:
- Define units and conversion rules
- Define items and their detailed properties
- Define bill of materials for each product
Materials Requirement Planning
- Carry out BOM explosion for the plan and generate materials
- Generate MRP on any interval and create purchase requisitions based on MRP plan
- Define payment terms and standard purchase terms
- Define sales tax rules, customs and& excise rules for each item (as applicable)
- Create vendor item catalog
- Send request for quotation to vendors
- Enter quotation received and perform comparative analysis
- Approve quotation for purchases
- Create P.O requisitions online
- Suspend, cancel or close P.O. (if required)
- Create delivery schedule releases
- Create P.O . amendments (if required)
- Track amendment history
- Assess vendor performanceDefine units and conversion rules
- Enter all stores transactions online
- Track all materials by Batch No./Lot No.
- Generate stock ledgers instantly
- Value inventory based on several methods
- Create various analysis reports (ABC, XYZ, FSN, VED)
- Define comprehensive quality control specifications for each item
- Access GRNs awaiting online Q.C
- Access test intimations from production
- Generate Q.C. registration for items/batches to be analyzed and print sampling slips
- Update test results online and match those with standards to approve or reject materials
- Print test certificates
- Post accepted/rejected quantities in stock ledger online
- Track rejections by vendors as well as by items
Sales & Production
Production Planning Software – Sales is a comprehensive, flexible and user-friendly system covering all areas related to sales. The sales system consists of the following modules:
- Define each product and its complete details such as size ,weight, etc.
- Group products by product categories for planning , reporting and analysis
- Group marketing areas by zone,region and territory
- Define depot wise sales forecast
- Create depot distribution plan based on sales forecasts and current inventory
- Create depot dispatch schedules from distribution plan and production plan
- Enter all stores transactions on-line
- Track stock batch wise with manufacturing and expiry date details
- Print stock statements and stock ledgers instantly with ultra-fast processing engine
- Print excise bond stock statement (RG-1)
- Record F.G. receipt by depots
- Record depot sales
- Record inter depot transfers
- Generate depot wise stock statement and various other reports including depot wise sales, product wise sales,region wise sales
- Maintain finished products price lists
- Provide comprehensive pricing model
- Define state wise sales tax , trade discounts retail margins
- Automatically calculate net trade prices and assessable rates (for excise)
- Define free quantities under schemes
- Create state wise price lists for various states for items with uniform MRP
- Maintain extensive customer’s information
- Process request for quotation
- Process sales orders
- Create dispatch orders from sales order
- Create dispatch orders from depot dispatch schedule
- Create sales invoices, depot stock transfer notes and excise gate pass
Benefits of ERP in Textile Industry
The ERP solutions seeks to integrate the business processes involving eight critical areas in the textile production planning which includes raw
materials finance, payroll, inventory, quality, sales and plant maintenance.
An increasing number of owners of textile units believe that IT is not only essential but even indispensable. Given that more than 85 percent of the industry consists of small units, the rising trend of textile units going in for IT-related infrastructure is a positive sign.
Online quality monitoring helps cut costs significantly. By implementing ERP, it manages to cut costs in processing. Increasingly complex product mixes and longer processing sequences are intensifying the need for IT infrastructure. In composite mills (spinning, weaving, garmenting, retailing),these are
ERP helps a business manage key functions such as product planning, parts purchasing, maintaining inventories, interacting with suppliers, providing customer service and tracking orders. Once the plant is equipped with ERP, everything is at your finger tips. With this, the senior management is aware of developments at different units, which helps utilize the resources better. IT helps in minimizing inventories and maximizing output. ERP simply gives straight access to data and the knowhow of various stages the process is in.
However, it is not only ERP , that textile firms are interested in. Internet connectivity is another area that can play a vital role in boosting the sector. At a time when newer plants are coming up in inaccessible areas, online connectivity becomes vital. IT infrastructure in textile firms is at a nascent stage. Though ERP is proving helpful to many units, broadband connectivity is equally in high demand. In its absence, online updating is not an easy job. Manufacturing and processing require IT assistance, and more and more firms are going for it. Information technology can streamline processes by organizing information from manufacturing, sales and finance, enabling data sharing for improved decision making.